Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Sweet 16!

The day started out like any other birthday, they announced my name on proc, Mrs. Blackburn did her amazing rendition of happy birthday on the piano and the choir harmonized. But thats when it started to get exciting. The principal came on the intercom and informed us that there was an armed robbery at the IHOP that is less that a mile from our school and that they had not caught the man. His scared-out-of-his-mind tone gave all the girls in choir permission to freak out. haha so needless to say we were on lock down for about a while.. and they say nothing exciting happens in Ammon, Idaho! When Jill tried to bring balloons, they wouldnt even let her in!


Upon walking out to my car after school , carrying the most gorgeous HUGE arrangment of roses mom and dad sent to me, i realized it looked a little.. out of the ordinary :) The girls (Brynn and Jess) had it all decorated and wouldnt let me take it off. I felt like i was in a one float parade.. I found out the next day that it is illigal to drive with things like that on your car.. good things there were no cops out.. :]


Then after going to Arctic Circle for milk shakes, i came home and we had an awesome family dinner with amazing food. I even got a princess cake! Score!

Blaine and Kristin made me cupcakes and this is the one Blaine made..
as you can tell, i wasnt too impressed. :)


So, I fixed it :) Much better!


All the out-of-towners called and i got to talk to them...


And, I got the most amazing cake pan!! It makes a cup cake the size of my head! How cool is that?!?!

So i tried it out the next day :)


Then a couple days later, Dad took me on my "first day" and showed me how I should be treated. I dont know if I will ever get married if the man has Dad's shoes to fill.... Thats a pretty big job!


So all in all, I had the most amazing birthday!!! There were so many wishes and gifts and little thoughtfull things, it made it so amazing! Thank you all!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

HA! ahh I have to retype my comment it didn't work the first time. I love the pictures. I want a giant cup cake cake. I like it alot. How did you find out it is illegal to have stuff hanging on your cars? I am glad you had a great day.

Tasha said...

ahh!who said you could grow up??

JC and Jena said...

Keep that in mind too when you're dating. It's ok to compare them to Dad-he has many great qualities!